Monday, March 12, 2012

3 Ways To Look Great After Menopause

Menopause is a mile stone achievement. It occurs around the age of 45 to 55 years, but can begin as early as the late 30's. Women are not truly menopausal until they have gone 12 straight months without a period. Menopause, however, is not straight forward. You will go through several stages, changes, and feelings of pre-menopause, peri-menopause, and menopause; then comes post-menopause. Some women get to this last stage, feeling quite worn-out, stressed, and lonely. You however, do not have to feel this way. What can you do to look your best? You can use three simple everyday solutions that can help make you look great after menopause.
At this stage after menopause, you are said to be post-menopausal. You have somewhat less menopausal symptoms such as hot and cold flashes, breast pains, bloating feelings, mood swings. There is a greater sense of mellowing down. Along the way to this stage, you have lived a life. Many lessons have been learned. You have made many acquaintances, and most importantly, you have reached a milestone or a different level of feminine maturity.
You might not have looked lately or examined who or where you are in life, or what you can do to look your best. Socrates suggested that at some point, life should be examined. He stated, "The unexamined life is not worth living." But you do have a great deal of life yet to be lived.
And so, this is a wonderful time to continue to make life worth living to the fullest. It is said that how you feel reflects how you look and how you look affects how you feel. One of the first things you want to do about any concerns of life is to check with your health care provider. Aside from that, think of these 3 ways that can help you to look great after menopause. First reflect on your body, spirit, and social life. Second, reform your body, spirit and social life. Third, make an action plan to rejuvenate your body, spirit, and social life. These can help avoid feeling stressed and worn out.
Reflect on your body, spirit, social life (You may write these down)
First, affirm how you feel about your body, spirit and social life.
Next, reflect on your thoughts and feelings about your body, spirit and social life.
Question whether these feelings are yours or those of others.
Questions or thoughts may include, but are not limited to:
Reflections On Your Body:
1. Am I am too thin?
2. Am I am too big?
3. Do I love my body just the way I am?
4. Do I eat what I want whenever I want?
5. Am I exercising at least once a week?
6. Would I would more if I had company?
7. Is exercise not for me?
8. Is there at least one thing about my body that I would change if I could
Reflections On Your Spiritual Life:
1. Do I have a spiritual life?
2. Do I know and love whom I believe?
3. Do I know in whom I believe?
4. Have I any spiritual concerns?
5. Do I know at least one thing that is true?
6. Am I spiritually fulfilled?
7. Do I know at least one thing that no matter what I would not change my mind?
8. Is there at least one thing about my spiritual life that I would change if I could?
Reflections On Your Social Life:
1. Do I have close friends and family?
2. Do I communicate with at least one person daily?
3. Do I get out of my home as often as I can?
4. Do I call friends and family from time to time?
5. Are there any friends or family who call me from time to time?
6. Do I care about communicating with anyone?
7. Is there at least one thing about my social life that I would change if I could?
8. Do I love my social life?
Reform Your Body, Spirit, Social Life
All areas of life are intertwined, especially, body, spirit and social well being.
One of the ways to looking great after menopause is to take a look at all aspects, formulate an action plan, and put the plan into action. For example, Steps can be taken to care for body, spirit, and social aspects. For example, rest, relaxation, exercise and nutrition, and recreation must be included to help prevent feeling stressed. For example, changing the way you eat can make a difference. Though some menopausal symptoms tend to lessen as women get older, insomnia might continue to be of concern. Women are encouraged to avoid late afternoon exercise, meals, or naps. A late evening massage - foot, body, or shoulder might help you to feel refreshed.
In socializing, people draw on the strength of each other, as it lifts the spirit.
The spirit can also be lifted by eating and exercising and sharing with each other. In addition, one needs to have a belief system to draw on for inner strength. Most things are more fun when shared than when done alone. Post-menopausal women can benefit by sharing in various activities. Here they can be encouraged and motivated to look their best as they seek to renew their bodies.
Rejuvenate your body
Life can be a joy if we make the changes that we can and learn to live with things that we are unable to do much about. An action plan is necessary to restore your body, spirit and social life. For example, the post-menopausal woman can join various groups to keep active. She might even form a group if the one she seeks is not available. A senior's group, for example, might be formed or joined to engage in regular exercise, going for walks; sharing meal times. Massages can be shared. For example, to decrease cost, take turns giving friends and members of the family foot massages; back rubs.
Rejuvenate your Spiritual life
Weak or strong, everyone has a spiritual life. Relying on it during menopause is necessary because it can help you to look great. It is that part of you that helps to make you uniquely who you are. It is your inner being that directs who and what you believe. Whatever your feelings, you should be able to draw from it for strength. You know that if you let go of it, you will let go of life. And so, you hold on to it no matter what. Learn to share your feelings and beliefs with friends and family. You will find that you have more in common that you have differences
Rejuvenate Your Social life
The woman who leads an active social life will look great after menopause. This is possible as she shares her life with others. Have at least one person whom you call; or who calls you daily. Call up friends and members of the family from time to time. Most times they are longing to hear from you. Talk about times you had together. Most people love to talk about themselves. Don't be concerned that you will not know what to talk about. Just allow them to talk.
Find and join a group that already exist or form one with people of similar interests. Some existing groups can be found at churches or within communities.
With groups, you can: go out together for walks, swimming, and plays; can take turns in each others home; have girls' night out; movie and/or game night; entertain in your home; take turns hosting in your home. Take turns serving each other. Take turns doing each others hair, nails and make up.
Menopause is not straightforward. The woman goes through several changes, and finally, becomes post-menopausal. During this phase, she can continue to look great as she engages in ways to maintain her body, spirit and social life. This can be achieved as she reflects, reforms and rejuvenates her life
Claudette McFarquhar is a Registered Nurse with a PhD in Education. She has over 30 years of experience as a Nurse, and as an Educator. She has a wealth of experience and information about Menopause that she shares freely at her website. To learn more, visit http://yourhealthwise.com/ and get information that could change your life.

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment