Sunday, March 18, 2012

Have You Ever Considered a Diet for Menopause Symptoms?

Have you ever considered that your diet for menopause may actually help with your symptoms?
On the other hand, what if you are currently eating things that may increase your retched symptoms, and make you feel worse?
Sometimes we don't know how bad we feel, until we start feeling better. That was my case, for sure. And because I was so fat and bloated and miserable, I decided to change my diet. I was 51 years old and in menopause. That was 4 years and 4 sizes of clothes ago.
Maybe my symptoms of moodiness, stress, exhaustion and headaches had something to do with my diet for menopause? Thanks goodness, I really started thinking about what I was putting in my mouth.
The diet for menopause that helped me lose extra belly fat and give me a ton of energy is based around clean, whole foods and lots and lots of water. I can tell you right now that this diet may help you as well.
The reason I have chosen to eat mostly raw and whole foods is because; when I am eating "clean". I am not eating things full of sugar, salt and preservatives. I am not eating fast and junk food. I am not eating frozen diet meals full of things I can't pronounce. And I am not eating fried foods that put my body in a stress mode, causing me to even add more belly fat to my already expanding waist line, because of hormonal changes.
So my diet for menopause is actually more about what I am not eating than what I am eating. Am I deprived and suffering? Absolutely not, and you will not be as well. Actually I am eating more now than I ever did, dieting all my life, just trying to stay an average sized girl.
I have sprouted grain toast with almond butter and agave syrup, sprouted grain cereal with almond milk, or a huge, chocolate, brown rice protein shake with almond milk for breakfast.
My morning snack is celery and almond butter, a glass of fresh juice, a hand full of almonds or a small carton of blueberries.
Lunch is a sprouted grain sandwich with mustard, dill pickles, a whole avocado and smoked turkey, or it might be a spinach salad with almonds, red peppers, avocado, carrot and cucumbers.
Another afternoon snack, for sure. On this diet for menopause I am grazing though the day, it keeps my energy and metabolism up. It might be another avocado, or an apple, maybe jicama strips or a sprouted grains muffin.
Supper is also wonderful, and has usually been in the crock pot all day. Fresh green beans and mushrooms, sweet potatoes, squash, a broccoli or cauliflower head. Maybe I will add a touch of goat butter; dinner is so yummy and filling.
I think you have to agree that this way of clean eating has nothing to do with deprivation. The only thing I am missing with this way of eating is feeling bad about the way I look and feel. I am still loosing inches and weight, with all this eating. And now, my clothes size is smaller than it was when I was 28 years old. I want the very best for you. Please consider helping yourself out, as well as your diet for menopause.
Corby Campbell Shields
Co-Author of Menopause Master Plan
http://www.menopausemasterplan.com/

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment